Wednesday 19 November 2008

Choose an identity

On the back of this post, I couldn't help noticing that every time I go to comment on someone's blog, blogger tells me to "Choose an identity." Thus blogger, in one 3-word sentence, summarises our culture. There are many identities you may have: choose one for now. No wonder people take issue with the idea of one true God and one mediator between God and us - the one Man Jesus. Wake up, choose a shampoo from the shelf, choose an outfit from the wardrobe, choose an identity from the drawer, choose a god from the sky, and off we go.

3 comments:

Doug P. Baker said...

That is very well put! And so many people are used to choosing one identity at home and another at work and another with their friends. Nothing seems solid anymore.

Larry said...

I won't say great minds think a like as I think that drags you down a notch or 3, but I was going to blog on that myself sometime soon.
You've done it better and more succinctly though!

Anonymous said...

Ah, but you see: there is no true metanarrative! We all have our stories to tell and live. Some involve a god, some don't.

If you can understand this, then I reckon you've understood all the of the non-Christians I've spoken to at evangelistic events. (Or at least: western non-Christians that aren't proper scientists).