Thursday 29 June 2006

A sleepy irony

Earlier this week I was preparing the seminar for IBS on the Lord's return.

"Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming." [Mt 25.42]
"Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake - for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the cock crows, or in the morning - lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake."
"So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake
and be sober." [1 Thess 5.6]

I fell asleep.

Oops.

3 comments:

KiwiChronicles said...

sleepy and funny - how amusing!

Anonymous said...

Heheheh!

I had to reply to this one, as a soon-to-be brum relay worker, since there are a collection of stories floating around at uni about me falling asleep at inappropriate times. I hope you won't steal all that attention away from me when you join us! ;)

étrangère said...

Hey John, haha, I'll try my best to avoid stealing your reputation! Thanks for commenting - look forward to working alongside you in Brum. Which reminds me, I should really say something on here about that move...